The Conwy Pirate Festival: A Celebration of All Things Pirate
Berthlwyd Hall Holiday Park - April 13th 2023
The Conwy Pirate Festival is an annual event held in the walled town of Conwy in North Wales. The festival celebrates all things pirate, with a range of activities and events taking place over the weekend.
The festival typically features a pirate parade, a pirate ship, a pirate market, pirate games, pirate music, and pirate food. There are also a number of family-friendly activities, such as face painting, treasure hunts, and storytelling.
The Conwy Pirate Festival is a great way to experience the history and culture of Conwy, and to have some fun with the whole family. The festival is held on the first weekend of May each year.
History of the Conwy Pirate Festival
The Conwy Pirate Festival was first held in 2003. The idea for the festival came from a group of local residents who wanted to create a fun and festive event that would celebrate the history and culture of Conwy.
The festival was a great success, and it has been held every year since then. The festival has grown in popularity over the years, and it now attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world.
What to Expect at the Conwy Pirate Festival
The Conwy Pirate Festival is a great day out for the whole family. There are a variety of activities and events to enjoy, including:
- Pirate Parade: The pirate parade is the highlight of the festival. It features a procession of pirates, along with floats, marching bands, and other performers.
- Pirate Ship: A pirate ship is moored in Conwy Harbor during the festival. Visitors can board the ship and learn about the lives of pirates.
- Pirate Market: The pirate market is a great place to find pirate-themed souvenirs, such as hats, swords, and jewelry.
- Pirate Games: There are a variety of pirate games to enjoy at the festival, such as sword fighting, cannon firing, and treasure hunts.
- Pirate Music: There is live pirate music throughout the festival, from traditional sea shanties to modern pirate rock.
- Pirate Food: There are a variety of pirate-themed food stalls at the festival, serving everything from fish and chips to grog.
- Family-Friendly Activities: There are a number of family-friendly activities at the festival, such as face painting, treasure hunts, and storytelling.
How to Get to the Conwy Pirate Festival
The Conwy Pirate Festival is held in the walled town of Conwy in North Wales. The town is easily accessible by car, train, and bus.
If you are driving, the best way to get to Conwy is via the A55 Expressway. The town is also well-served by train services, with trains running from London, Manchester, and other major cities.
Planning Your Visit to the Conwy Pirate Festival
If you are planning to visit the Conwy Pirate Festival, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The festival is held on the first weekend of May each year.
- The festival is a popular event, so it is advisable to book your tickets in advance.
- The festival is held in a historic town, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- There are a number of family-friendly activities at the festival, so it is a great day out for all ages.
Conwy Pirate Festival is a truly unique and fun event that you and the family won't soon forget!
<< Back To Blog